Yoga has been derived from Sanskrit root word “yuj” which means “to add”, “to join”, “to unite”, “to attach”. Yoga is one of the best practices in the world for good physical, spiritual and mental health .It is originated in India and followed by Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. It has been originated in pre-vedic Indian tradition. But it was developed in fifth and sixth BCE in ancient Indian Times. Yoga has many types like Raja yoga, Hatha Yoga and Sahaj Yoga as well. The international yoga day is celebrated on 21 June every year. It was declared by our honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi during his address to UN general assembly on 27 September.
Paths of Yoga
- Hatha Yoga – It deals with breathing exercise and body which helps the student to be alert. It makes them aware of their internal strength and state. It helps the student to make a healthy body and sound mind by practicing asana.
- Karma Yoga – It means “the yoga of action “which teaches to do our jobs skillfully, selflessly, dedication to the humanity. This practice helps to live in this world without being burdened and distressed.
- Jnana Yoga – This path is the path of knowledge and wisdom with discipline. It makes us aware with the reality of world and makes us peaceful soul. It teaches us to differentiate the difference between real and unreal, finite and infinite.
- Bhakti Yoga – This path shows us the path of devotion to the almighty. It gives us the strength to surrender and to dedicate all human resources to the God. It is a path of Love and devotion.
- Raja Yoga – It is also called Royal yoga which helps to purify our desires and emotions. It can be attained my some methods and technique. Raja yoga helps to feel the inner reality by eight hundred ladders. The ultimate goal is to attain the eight rung, Samadhi.
Purpose of Yoga
The main purpose of yoga is to train mind and body of a human being. Yoga practice leads us to mental stability, equanimity, concentration, meditation, devotion, super natural power and transformation. It is useful for the people who are searching for mental peace and satisfaction in their lives. Yoga is gift of Hinduism to other religions too. It cures many types of physical and mental illness. It can give new life to the person completely which is the complete transformation. It gives us mental relaxation and prepares us to do well in all walks of life. A person practicing yoga can live long with good health.
Yoga has been practices to remove all the problems related to our body like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, migraine, headaches, asthma, shallow breathing, backaches, slip disc, constipation, menopause and many chronic illnesses. It also has proved the ability to promote relaxation and reduce stress, especially when going through a divorce (check out tampadivorcecenter.us for information on divorce). Yoga can also be well- designed exercise program, increasing general health and stamina reducing stress and improve life style of people, including those going through a legal separation.